345 Blackstone Boulevard
Paul F. Malloy, Ph.D., IRB Vice Chair
With respect to the protection of human subjects participating in research activities supported directly or indirectly by grants or contracts from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) or any other public or private granting agency, including Butler Hospital, the Institutional Review Board and Butler Hospital will comply with the U.S. Public Health Service Act (as amended by the Health Research Extension Act of 1985) (Public Law 99-158), as implemented in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 45, Part 46 - "Protection of Human Subjects." The Institutional Review Board for Human Subjects Research will be assigned the responsibility to determine for each research activity as planned and conducted that:
- Subjects are equitably selected, given the purposes of the research and the setting in which it is to be conducted.
- The rights and welfare of subjects are adequately protected.
- The risks to subjects are outweighed by potential benefits.
- The informed consent of subjects will be obtained by methods that are adequate and appropriate.
- A timely review of each project will be conducted.
Instructions for Submitting Documents to the IRB Office
The Butler IRB processes all research submissions through the IRBnet website: IRBNet.org. IRBNet is secure, web-based, and may be accessed from virtually any computer using a web browser.
All users will need to self-register in the IRBnet system and affiliate with Butler Hospital IRB. Training Energizer Documents are available in IRBnet, on the IRB website or by contacting your IRB Administrative Office. Current versions of all required IRB forms and templates can be found in the "forms and templates" library within IRBNet. All investigators are required to download and use the latest version of the protocol form, consent form, and adverse event reporting form for submission of a new research project for IRB review. Guidelines, local IRB requirements, Butler and CNE policies, and IRB submission deadlines and IRB meeting dates are found here well as within IRBnet.
- All Users must self-register in IRBNet.
- All project submissions must be signed by the PI before submitting to the IRB.
- Training documents are required to be uploaded into your User Profile in IRBNet.