As a volunteer advisor, you:
- Review programs, policies and educational materials.
- Provide input on quality, safety and facilities planning.
- Provide input for various committees in the hospital such as the ethics committee, exceptional patient experience committee, patient experience concerns committee, and others as needed.
- The Patient & Family Advisory Council at Butler Hospital values your perspective, welcomes your partnership and invites you to consider becoming a patient/family advisor.
Qualities of an advisor:
- Shares insight and experience in productive ways.
- Sees beyond his/her own personal experience.
- Respects diversity and differing opinions.
- Listens well.
- Collaborates on solutions.
- Has a passion for enhancing the Butler Hospital health care experience for all.
- Advisors are current or former Butler Hospital patients and/or family members of patients.
- Advisors attend monthly meetings the third Thursday of the month, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Advisors have many opportunities to provide input and make a difference for patients and families served by Butler.
Becoming an advisor:
If you are interested in becoming an advisor, please complete this simple online application.
If you have questions about being an advisor or would like to learn more, please email Diane Block, PhD, OTR or call (401) 455-6398.