- Provide treatment for psychiatric illness in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
- Contribute to knowledge through education and research.
- Continuously improve the ways we serve our patients and our community.
Our VisionAs a Care New England partner and Brown University teaching hospital, we shall maintain and enhance Butler Hospital's leadership role in behavioral health services, teaching and research. We shall respond to the demands of this rapidly changing health care environment throughout Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts. We shall distinguish ourselves by providing individuals and families of all ages and backgrounds with a full continuum of quality, cost-effective services, while continuing our commitment as an academic center of excellence.
- Set clear expectations and provide timely feedback and follow-through.
- Do what you say you’re going to do, and be fair about it.
- Take ownership of your responsibilities.
- Acknowledge and respond to the needs and challenges of every person.
- Create an environment that encourages respect and appreciation.
- Offer support, information, and hope.
- Listen and value each person’s voice.
- Ask “How can I help?”
- Support the work of each team and each team member.